If every person reading this post votes on the link below, and then passes the link on to just one other person, we can get 1000 votes in one day!
Vote here: http://www.sharethebounty.ca/charities.php
Instructions: Scroll over to the "N" on the alphabet bar and click. Then click on National ME/FM Action Network. (You'll have to give them your email address. Don't worry - you won't get ads unless you click on the box to receive them.)
Here's what The National ME/FM Action Network does (from their website http://www.mefmaction.com):
The NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK became a Canadian charitable organization on June 18, 1993 dedicated to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Fibromyalgia (FM) through support, advocacy, education and research. Since its founding, the organization has been an ACTION Network. Some of our accomplishments are:
- Providing knowledge and empowerment to the people who need information and help
- Establishing relationships with both the provincial and Canadian governments in Canada to better the lives of people ill with ME/CFS and FM
- Developing contacts with medical and legal professionals
- Working with National and International Support Groups
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter keeping people informed about the progress in research and related matters
- Spearheading the development of the Consensus Documents, known as the Canadian Definitions
- Resource guides for disability matters
- TEACH-ME guide for Teachers and Parents of children and youth with ME/CFS and FM
The NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK hosted the 10th International IACFS/ME research and clinical conference for ME/CFS and FM and related illnesses in Ottawa from September 22nd to 25th, 2011 consisting of professional workshops and meetings as well as a one-day meeting for the general public.
Our Motto: People Helping People Helping Themselves